Tuesday, February 15, 2011

365 Days

Today, exactly one year ago today, Jonathan and I were having dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. We had almost finished eating, when I remembered we needed to run to Walgreens to pick up my birth control pill refill. I mentioned it to him, then went back to my dinner. But my brain had started turning... now that I thought about it, I had never started this month. In fact, I was a week late. But surely not...

Jonathan shrugged it off, but I couldn't get the thought out of my mind. Finally, he suggested we buy a pregnancy test on the way home, just to put my mind at ease. I rushed the rest of the dinner, and bought a two pack of tests. I went straight to the bathroom, and as soon as the pee hit the stick:



My first thought was "WAIT! I'M SUPPOSED TO HAVE TWO MINUTES!" Jonathan laughed, I panicked. Three tests later, and there was no denying it. We were a family of three. I was a mommy.

It's been a crazy year, full of anxiety and joy, fear and anticipation, aches, pains and pure love. I've faced some of the worst days of my life, and lived the best. That was our last dinner as a childless couple. My last moment as a non-mother. It was the moment that changed all future moments.

It's been a year of Larkin, and it's been a beautiful year indeed!

I'd like to observe this anniversary by blogging the details of my pregnancy. For various reasons, I didn't record them publicly at the time, but I'd like to add them to the record. So if you're interested, I'll be posting my story over the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. a beautiful blog! i've just found this - I can see all these posts made into a book for Larkin one day, too!
    beca xx

    ReplyDelete